Vidra - Ilfov
Founded in 2001, the Landfill for Industrial and Urban Waste in Vidra is one of the largest and most efficient landfill for solid urban waste in the South-East of the country. The services provided by the Landfill in Vidra are managed by the company Eco Sud S.A. by respecting the highest quality standards, in accordance with the European Community regulations and to the Romanian legislation in force and in close correlation with the environmental safety and protection.
Governed by the sound principles of waste management, the Landfill in Vidra provides services to households in all the districts of the capital and to the surrounding localities, that is to approximately 1,200,000 inhabitants, as of July 2001.
Over the years, the Landfill in Vidra was developed in phases, depending on the storage requirements, as well as on the volumes of waste supplied, in compliance with the technical requirements of the project. The estimated storage capacity is 11.5 million cubic meters, the landfill having an average daily flow of about 2,400 tons of waste and, therefore, an annual average quantity of 360,000 tons.
The position of leader is confirmed by the profitable and lasting partnerships that the company Eco Sud S.A. has achieved during the recent years with the main sanitation companies in Bucharest – Supercom SA, Sal Trans Exim SRL, Salserv Ecosistem SRL, Rebu SA, ADP District 4, Rosal Grup SA.
The landfill for solid urban and industrial waste in Vidra is structured as it follows:
• the storage area, for waste storing, with an approximate surface of 38.6 ha, divided in 5 cells;
• the services area, for logistic services, for waste management , sorting and transfer, extended on 3.4 ha.
• Storing capacity: 11.5 million cubic meters
• Daily waste flow: approx. 2400 tons;
• Function time: 25 - 30 years, until it becomes full;
• Maximum height of the Landfill: 40 meters
• Quantity of waste: 486,384.68 tonnes / year;
Regularity of arrivals into the Landfill: 1 garbage truck / 5 minutes